Thursday, August 30, 2007

Still Too Early.....

As the ridiculous presidential debates roll on, I'm still not able to pick a clear winner. For what it's worth, here are my current thoughts. I'm not considering any of the Republican candidates, because I'd really rather not have some idiot like Fred Thompson pick up where Bush left off, sending thousands to their deaths and shipping pallets of money half way around the world to a place that we've never even secured.

Hillary: Well, she may have a heap of understanding about all things presidential, but her inability to actually answer a question directly has me puzzled. She seems totally afraid to say much of anything. We KNOW she's a strong woman, so why hide the strength? She needs to do more than look handsome in a pantsuit.

Edwards: I liked Edwards as Kerry's running mate and even attended one of his rallys in lovely Racine, Wisconsin. The impression that I'm currently getting, though, is that he needs to turn down the smarmy, southern, car salesman thing that he's got going on. It makes me uncomfortable.

Obama: I believe what this guy says. He actually sounds like he's speaking his mind and not reciting talking points that made it past the focus groups. When people say that he doesn't have enough experience, I have to laugh. If ever there was a good reason to elect someone, that's it. We don't need another guy who's going to swing for the fence every at bat and strike out 9 times out of 10. We need a guy who sees the value in a good drag bunt, knowing he'll steal second and then make it to third on a wild pitch.

Biden: Joe's another seemingly honest talker, even taking the president to task in the Oval Office from time to time. I think he's a good guy who won't be noticed by enough people to make the final four. He's also one of the best "Hardball" guests ever.

No comments: