Saturday, August 25, 2007

Drive-thru This

The wife sent me out earlier today to pick up some breakfast from a local fastfood place. The drive-thru was backed up, so I waited patiently and popped The Beatles' "Revolver" into my CD player. Looking at the line ahead of me, I notice the Nascar dad in front of the car in front of me. There's been a huge advancement in the line, but
Git-R-Done doesn't notice because he's reading the paper.

Because myself and the middle driver are willing to act like human beings, we give the guy a few minutes to notice what's going on before we move on to the polite "toot" honk. You know what Nascar dad does? He looks in his rearview mirror at us, looks forward to see the gap, then goes back to reading his paper. Eventually, the folks behind me get impatient and give their horns a few good blasts. Finally, Jethro relents and speeds up to the window, all the while shaking his head in disbelief. Stupid is as stupid does.

No comments: